My latest craft project


I haven’t been doing a lot of craft projects lately.  I have to be in the mood.  A few months ago, Michael’s was putting out new beads and I bought several strands and some focal pieces to make some necklaces.  The stuff is still in the bag!  The other day my sister-in-law asked me if I would make a wreath to put on her mom’s (my mom-in-law) door.  I knew just what I wanted to do as Mary Anne is not a glitzy, sparkly kind of lady – she likes the simple things.  So today I was in town running some errands and picked up the supplies to make the wreath and quite frankly, I am very pleased at how it turned out!  I did not want to use the glue gun as sometimes, after a while, the object you glue comes away from what you glued it to and you have to go back and reglue – big mess in my opinion.  With these flowers, the stems were long enough I could just stick them where I wanted them in the grapevine wreath and then I cut off the excess.  I wanted this very simple so I made the bow out of burlap and then frayed the edges.  Mary Anne likes the country and since Bluebonnets are our state flower, I thought this would be appropriate.

Before
Before
After
After

 

Burlap bow
Burlap bow
frayed edges
frayed edges

 

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “My latest craft project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s